Posted on Aug 30, 2019
Amateur photographers in Wellingborough are being invited to capture the best of life, landscapes and views of the town to compete for a grand prize of £500, in a competition from Stanton Cross Developments.
As progress continues apace at Northamptonshire’s exciting new community, Stanton Cross Developments has launched a competition to capture Wellingborough through the lens.
People who live in the town, including those who have already moved in to a new home at Stanton Cross, are invited to submit their best photographs to be in with a chance of having their snapshot named the best in Wellingborough. Entries could include anything from a photograph of nature in Irchester Country Park or a shot of the town’s historic buildings and landmarks, to a picture that captures a moment of everyday life in Wellingborough.
Stanton Cross Developments will present £500 to the talented winner, with two runners up both set to receive £250 each.
Those wishing to be in with a chance of winning the prize should email their photographs (no larger than 2MB in size each) and contact details to email@example.com. Alternatively, entries can be posted to The Best of Wellingborough Competition, C/O McCann PR & Social, Communications House, Highlands Road, Shirley, B90 4WE. Entries should be submitted no later than midnight on Monday 16th September 2019.
Paul Boatman, Project Director East Division at Bovis Homes responsible for Stanton Cross, said: “Wellingborough is a vibrant and lively town with a strong sense of community and an even stronger sense of local pride, and our photography competition gives the people who really know it best the opportunity to capture the best of the town.
“With the changing landscape at Stanton Cross, the wildlife and ecology within the local parks and surrounding countryside, and the buzz of the town, there is a wide range of material for budding photographers in the area. This is an opportunity for the people of Wellingborough to bring their vision of Wellingborough into focus; and we look forward to seeing the very best that the town has to offer in both photography talent, views, landscapes and life.”
Stanton Cross is an exciting £1 billion residential-led development to the east of the town which will eventually include 3,650 new homes. To support the development of a new thriving residential-led community, the vision for Stanton Cross also includes new leisure and retail amenities, commercial space – including offices, industrial space and a trade park – 143-acre country and town parks and three new schools.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to all Wellingborough residents, except employees of suppliers and contractors to Stanton Cross Developments LLP and their immediate family or anyone directly connected with this competition.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and must never have been published, self-published, published on any website or online forum, broadcast nor won or been placed in any other competition (as at August 2019). Entries submitted posthumously will not be eligible.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is 00:01 on Monday 16th September 2019.
- To enter the competition, post entries to: The Best of Wellingborough Competition, C/O McCann PR & Social, Communications House, Highlands Road, Shirley, B90 4WE or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include ‘The Best of Wellingborough’ in the subject header, and also your name and contact details in the email. Posted entries will not be returned to entrants.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify inappropriate, incomplete or illegible entries.
- Entrants may enter a maximum of five times, providing they supply a different entry each time.
- Entry into the competition is conditional upon the entrant having obtained all appropriate consents and a breach of this condition will result in the particular entrant being disqualified from the competition.
- By entering into the competition the entrant automatically grants Stanton Cross Developments LLP with an unrestricted, non-exclusive, irrevocable and perpetual licence to use any photograph submitted to the competition for any purpose in which Stanton Cross Developments deem appropriate for their own business purposes.
- This competition will be judged by representatives from Stanton Cross Developments LLP in an independent and fair manner. The judges' decision is final and no individual correspondence shall be entered into. Judges are unable to comment on individual entries.
- The organisers reserve the right to change the panel of judges without notice and not to award prizes if, in the opinion of the judges, such action is justified.
- Entering the competition implies acceptance of all the above rules. Failure to comply with the entry requirements will result in disqualification. Stanton Cross Developments LLP reserve the right to withdraw this competition as a result of unforeseen circumstances arising.
- There is one prize of £500 for 1st place and two prizes of £250 for 2nd
- Prize winners will be notified by Monday 23rd September 2019. We will notify the winners by email and telephone. If the winners cannot be contacted within one week Stanton Cross Developments LLP reserves the right to choose an alternative winner. The prize winners will be displayed on the Stanton Cross website after Friday 4th October 2019.
- Winners agree to take part in non-paid publicity following their photography being chosen (including photography if required), relating to the competition.
- The entrant’s personal data shall only be used for the proper administration of the competition.
Promoter: Stanton Cross Developments LLP: 11 Tower Hill, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY